March 20, 2019
Hosted Golf Tour to South Africa’s Western Cape - March 1-11, 2020
With Nigel Burch, PGA
Leave the cold of the UK winter behind in March 2020 and join Nigel in sunny Cape Town to enjoy a magnificent escorted golf tour of the Western Cape courses and the wonderful hospitality South Africa has to offer.
It’s not just about golf! We have included trips to the vineyards of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek, with many other excursions available during your trip to the Rainbow Nation.
You will be met and greeted at Cape Town International Airport and taken on a private orientation and mini-educational tour around Cape Town before checking-in at the four-star Vineyard Hotel.
The Vineyard Hotel
The Vineyard Hotel is set within a seven-acre private garden estate adjacent to Table Mountain, just 15 minutes from Cape Town. A 207-bedroom luxury hotel which dates back more than 200 years, The Vineyard offers luxury service and facilities including three restaurants, spa and gym.
Your Itinerary for the 10 day tour
Day 1 Sunday 1 March
- Airport pick-up, followed by an orientation tour of Cape Town including breakfast at Mouille Point, or just simply meet up at The Vineyard Hotel for an evening reception and drinks @ 18:30
- Check-in at the Vineyard Hotel
- Afternoon at leisure
- 11.00 departure for Royal Cape Golf Club for 18 holes
- After golf enjoy a complimentary glass of wine or cold beer on the terrace with light snacks
- Return transfer to The Vineyard Hotel
- Evening dinner at De Wijn Huis Restaurant, Claremont, just a short walk from the hotel
- 10:00 departure for Steenberg Golf Club with a late morning tee time
- After golf, savour the evening tapas in the 1784 Bistro and enjoy a wine tasting of the Steenberg Estate wines
- Return to Hotel
- Evening at leisure
- Free day to perhaps take an excursion to Table Mountain, general sightseeing, or a trip to Cape Point and the penguins at Boulders Bay on the way.
- Evening supper at Barristers Pub and Grill or Basilico Italian just a short walk from the hotel.
- 09.00 departure to Pearl Valley Golf Club, a 45 minute drive from the hotel, and the Jack Nicklaus design course. Buggies included on this course.
- Evening and supper at The Erinvale Hotel, Somerset West.
- Departure for Stellenbosch Golf Club for an early afternoon tee time
- After golf sundowners on the terrace and wood-fired pizzas on the club terrace whilst watching the sunset over Helderburg Mountains
- Return to Erinvale Hotel
- Golf at Erinvale
- Lunch and Wine tasting at Avontuur vineyard
- Excursions available to Boulders Bay and Cape Point, Table Mountain, Robben Island or the V&A Waterfront
- Evening at The Vineyard
- Golf at Milnerton Golf Club, a links course to the north of the city with wonderful views across the bay looking back on Cape Town
- Sundowners in the clubhouse looking over the Atlantic Ocean
- Return transfer to The Vineyard
- Final Round at Westlake GC
- Evening Dinner at Perada and prize-giving
Day 11 Wednesday 11 March
- Day at leisure with lunch at Groot Constantia Vineyard
- Early evening transfers to Cape town International
Your South African Golf experience is inclusive of the following
- Meet and greet at Cape Town International
- Return airport transfers
- All golf course transfers
- Seven nights on a B&B basis in Twin/Double room at the four-star Vineyard Hotel
- Three nights at The Erinvale Golf Estate & Hotel in a twin/double room in Somerset West.
- Seven rounds of golf as detailed
- Lunch at Groot Constantia
- Dinner at Perada, Constantia Nek
- 2 dinner vouchers for ZAR200 each at De Wijn Huis
- 1 dinner voucher for ZAR200 at Basilico or Barristers Pub & Grill
- Golf Tuition and guidance with Nigel Burch PGA
Total cost per person sharing £2255
Non-Golfer sharing £1815
Who is looking after you?
You are being looked after by Golf Planet Holidays’ Nigel Burch, a PGA Professional for 35 years, who has played and coached on both the European & the Sunshine Tour of South Africa.
Nigel spent 15 years coaching at venues in Durban & Cape Town as well as helping with township programmes for underprivileged children.
Nigel returns to South Africa whenever he can to play his favourite courses and catch-up with his many friends in the golfing fraternity.
Please contact Nigel directly with any questions.