Top 5 Play & Stays
As you can imagine this created some debate in the team! It wasn’t easy to narrow down our choices. To keep the peace, we are recommending fantastic golf hotels where you would be happy to stay, play and dine, so the only driving involved is off the tee.
1. Golf Hotel Le Manoir, Le Touquet. If it’s your first time playing golf abroad, this is a must. A very clubby three-star hotel with 45 holes on site. Play your choice of the challenging Le Touquet La Mer overlooking the Channel, the tight and tricky La Foret or the relaxing nine-hole Le Manoir. It’s just an hour from the Eurotunnel, so your time in the car is really kept to a minimum. The hotel has a welcoming traditional bar and great value restaurant. Ask us about their unbeatable winter deals.
2. Trevose Golf and Country Club. If you want to leave your passport at home, the UK has some fantastic golf hotels. Our absolute favourite is Trevose Golf and Country Club in North Cornwall. The Championship course was designed by Harry Colt and is ranked as one of the top links courses in Great Britain. Peter Alliss opened the Headland Course in 1993 which has equally spectacular views out to sea and is in great condition all year round. For a more leisurely outing or an afternoon round, try the short course, it may help to correct the kinks…The modern accommodation is self-catering, but do treat yourself to a delicious dinner at the club’s gourmet restaurant Constantine.
3. Oubaai Hotel Golf and Spa. It was more or less impossible to narrow our South African choice to one venue, but we plumped for this luxurious venue at George on the well-known Garden Route. The outstanding Ernie Els 18 holes championship course overlooks the crashing waves of the Indian Ocean. There are four excellent restaurants on site and the accommodation is superlative. Of course, you will want to visit more than one golf venue during a holiday to South Africa, but a stay here will recharge your batteries and leave a lasting impression.
4. Chateau des Vigiers, Bergerac. Enjoy one golf holiday here and we can guarantee you will want to head back again and again. There are 36 holes around the beautiful chateau and lake. The excellent accommodation options include the chateau, larger dependances and a newer ‘green’ lodge. The two restaurants are superb and you can choose the wine grown from the vines dotted around the course, we particularly recommend the rose!
5. Palmares Beach House hotel, Lagos, Portugal. A veritable feast for your eyes, with the deep blue of the ocean facing every bedroom at this gorgeous adult-only hotel. The lush golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones II is made up of three spectacular loops of nine. Tackle Praia, the nine links holes running alongside the Bay of Lagos, or turn inland and test your game on the 18 parkland holes making up the Alvor and Lagos tracks. It’s Portugal at its very best.back
This entry was posted in General on November 9, 2019