One of the classic Italian courses, designed by Cotton & Harris and built in 1959, the golf club is situated on splendid rolling countryside with marvellous sweeping panoramic views across the surrounding hills and plains. Its layout is constantly being up-dated and in recent years, it has played host to the Italian Amateur Championships many times as well as to a great number of top level professional competitions. The smart and elegant clubhouse blends in well with the surrounding countryside and is the ideal place to sample the refined cuisine of the club restaurant, which has been named amongst the top ten club restaurants in Italy on more than one occasion. The club’s facilities are completed by a splendid summer swimming pool, open from June to mid-September. In 2000, Peter Alliss made some changes to the course.